CyanogenMod 10(Jellybean) for LG GT540 by miroslav_mm
Still on Froyo, Gingerbread or ICS? Its time for some beans in our device. Our GT540 Android Devlopment is reaching great heights every day. Its a great achievement by xda members as they have released one of the first JB ports for our GT540 and this is one of them. Thats Right! when we have such wonderful developers in the Android development community, old devices such as the Optimus GT540 will never fade away into oblivion. Therefore, XDA Senior Member miroslav_mm has released a CyanogenMod 10 ROM upgrade for it which means that it is now possible to run Android Jelly Bean 4.1 on it. The ROM is yet under initial stage which means that some of the features are not working fine on it. So it is not a recommended upgrade but yet if you really want to taste jellybean, then you can surely go for it..So, here’s the changelog with all the instructions.
Browser (have artefacts)
Codecs (only soft)
Phone radio (calling, sms, mms, data)(You may seldom get a FC of Phone While Rebooting your phone)
Sound & Mic
Superuser(Apps might often ask you to Allow root priveldge to them)
USB Mass Storage Device
Vibration & Haptic feedback
Qualcomm ICS GPU drivers
Native Bluetooth Tethering (untested) (use alternative app)
Native Wifi Tethering (untested) (use alternative app)
Native USB Tethering (untested) (use alternative app)
FM Radio (use Spirit FM)
and other little bugs.
You can report bug at the official post.
Download for Recovery here.
Minimum system part – 210mb.
To flash this, follow the following instructions.
- Download required files and updates from below :
- Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 :xda-cm-10.0.0-RC0-JellyBeanSwift-24072012.zip
- Copy it to the (Root directory of) your sd-card.
- Reboot your device to Custom Revovery (Press Home + Power Button).
- [Optional but, Recommended] Do a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM.
- Now from recovery main menu, select Wipe Data/cache option.
- Confirm data wipe by selecting Yes.
- In Advanced option select Wipe Dalvin Cache and confirm it by selecting yes.
- Now flash this android 4.1.1 jellybean based cyanogenmod 10 rom using clockwork mod recovery. Follow these steps :
- Choose Install Zip From Sd Card option.
- Select Choose Zip From SD Card option.
- Now select xda-cm-10.0.0-RC0-JellyBeanSwift-24072012.zip which you have downloaded.
- Confirm the installation and wait till the rom is installed on you handset.
- Reboot your device from your recovery main menu.
Thats it folks!You have successfully installed the latest Android 4.1.1 jellybean on your GT540 device and you are good to go!!!
Do you want CM10 boot animation? nozerogravity a Recognized Themer on xda-forums has shared with us CM10 official boot animation.
INSTRUCTIONS TO GET CM10 BOOT ANIMATION ON GT540:
Change filename from:
“bootanimation_MDPI.zip” to “bootanimation.zip“(Light version)
“bootanimation_MDPI_INV.zip” to “bootanimation.zip“(Black-Amoled Version)
and Place the bootanimation.zip in /system/media/ using root explorer.
Second Method using CWM:
1. Copy zip to sdcard
2. Go into ClockWorkMod recovery (or based on CWM)
3. Flash zip